How to link your Instagram to your Facebook page for Ads
Written by: Monica McCoy
If you want to advertise in Instagram you'll have to do it through the Facebook ads manager first. To do that you should link your Instagram profile to your Facebook Fan Page.
The social network - created by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger in October 2010 - was acquired by Facebook in 2012. Three years later they announced it was possible to advertise in Instagram from Facebook.
It's worth clarifying that it's not necessary to have an Instagram account, but it's recommended. We've already talked about this topic, so we won't explain how easy it is to link the two social networks.
Step by step: Link your Instagram profile to your Facebook Page
In only three steps you can link your Instagram account from your Facebook Page.
- Go to your Fan Page and go to Settings
- Then go to Instagram Adverts
- Add the username and password of your Instagram account.
Great! Once that's done you can start using your Instagram profile from the tools you use to create Facebook ads.
Why should you link your Instagram profile to your Fan Page?
As we explained previously, it's recommended that you make this link, because if not:
- It will use the name and image of your Facebook page in the Instagram ads.
- Your Instagram username - which would be the same as in Facebook - will appear dimmed and users won't be able to click on it. Also be careful with the character limit for your Instagram name (if it exceeds the limit it'll show: "..."
- You won't be able to respond to comments on your ad! This is definitely the most important point.
I hope this was a useful tip and that you'll be able to easily link your Instagram profile with your Fan Page.